Since being back at school, Room 11 and Room 8 have been learning about different ways to communicate.
When we were in lockdown we had to use technology to communicate with people who weren’t in our bubble. We reflected on that and spoke about other ways we could communicate if we didn’t have technology and if we needed to get a message to someone. We came up with the idea of letter writing. We also spoke about what happens if the shops were closed, and we couldn’t go to the shops to buy clothes. We came up with the creative idea to tie-dye a white t-shirt. We also thought about how we couldn’t just go to a shop to get a t-shirt if the shop was closed, so we spoke about recycling a top from home, and also discussed the benefits of recycling.
Things we got out of this experience:
– Being creative and making/creating our own clothes
– Writing a letter to our parents to ask for a t-shirt
– Room 8 being ‘experts’ and explaining the process to Room 11
– Writing the instructions out for someone else to read if they wanted to make their own t-shirt
– Presenting our instructional writing to Room 12 who has listened and now want to make their own shirts!
Here are some photos of Room 11 doing their tie-dye with the help of Room 8.
We LOVED doing it and can’t wait to take the tops home tomorrow once they have been washed and dried.