Striving to be the best In partnership with our community Tawhai School will provide the skills, knowledge, experiences and values to enable children to reach their full potential.
Ka mahitahi mātou o te Kura
o Tāwhai me te hapori nei, hei
whāngai i ngā pūkenga, i te
mātauranga, i ngā uara me ngā
wheako e eke ai te tamaiti ki te
taumata o tōna pitomata.
Our school perceives learning to be a co-operative partnership between students, parents and staff. In order to attain excellence, it is important that all three work towards the obtaining of all curriculum objectives in terms of knowledge, skills, and attitudes. These are important skills in the development of independence and the acceptance by children of responsibility for their own learning and later for adult life.
- Will attract, retain and develop quality teachers
- Is safe, supportive, friendly and based on mutual respect
- Sets high expectations for students and staff
- Promotes innovative, creative and challenging learning opportunities
- Gives recognition for all forms of participation, effort and success
- Is a fun place, warm in spirit and community minded
- Incorporates Te Reo and Tikanga Maori throughout the curriculum for all
- Will continually review the way we operate to ensure we are as effect as possible
Tawhai School acknowledges the requirements of the new NZ Curriculum, National Educational Guidelines, National Administration Guidelines and the National Standards. Our Achievement Statement identifies the specific curriculum areas to which we assign particular importance. Many of the goals are consistent with the national focus in improving literacy and numeracy as identified in the National Education priorities. In fulfilling our mission statement, Tawhai School strives to assist every student to be the best possible person they can be in terms of their academic, social, physical and cultural development.
To view Tawhai Schools charter please click on the link below.